Friday, September 19, 2008

Introduction

So I have decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon! The more I have read my friends' blogs the more I've realized I too will never remember the cute little things my kids are doing. I am a stay at home mom of Taylor -age 6- and Abbegail -age 3 going on 37! We have been stationed in Staten Island NY for about a month now and are finally starting to figure things out!

Last weekend Jasen left for school so the kids and I decided to brave Manhattan to go to Broadway on Broadway. Let me tell you, it is a QUEST to get from Staten Island to Manhattan involving a car, a ferry and a subway! Turns out I'm one of those mothers I always disapproved of... I had Abbey on a leash! All I could imagine was her letting go of my hand and being swept away by the wall of people you always see on TV! Luckily she was an angel and stayed close... except while we were on the ferry. Jasen claimed it was his day off and he was not going in after her!

Jasen was able to ride the ferry over with us, then he met up with his driver to get to the airport and kids and I braved the subway! I was pleasantly surprised with NYC subways! Very clean and air conditioned which is HUGE over here!

Erica, my best friend from high school, lives and Manhattan and works for Broadway so she was able to get us VIP seats for the show. I am now spoiled for life and will never stand with the masses ever again! She even met us at the gate with muffins and bagels which made Taylor love her that much more. I will post pictures as soon as a figure out how to get them off my phone!! (I just learned you can do that the other day, but am not sure how yet!)

1 comment:

The Barkers said...

Yea! I LOVE it! Glad you joined the blogging world! Can't wait to see you next month!